Lucknow: The Yogi government has earmarked Rs 2500 crore in the 2024-2025 budget for organising Mahakumbh on a grand note in Prayagraj in 2025.
The focus of the state government will be on expediting various projects to enhance civic amenities, establishment of the Kumbh Museum in Prayagraj and accelerating infrastructural projects and setting up National Law University at the cost of Rs 100 crore.
According to the data, revealed during the presentation of the budget in the state assembly on Monday more than 37 crore 90 lakh tourists had come to the state from January to October in the year 2023. Of these, the number of Indian tourists was approximately 37 crore 77 lakh and the number of foreign tourists was approximately 13 lakh 43 thousand. The number of tourists in Prayagraj also saw a significant increase, along with Varanasi-Ayodhya.
Moreover, there is a possibility of crores of tourists gathering for Mahakumbh 2025. Therefore, a huge Tent City will also be built in Prayagraj to accommodate tourists.
The main focus will be on these projects in Prayagraj
● Under Maha Kumbh, 2025, a budget provision of Rs 100 crore is proposed for the Culture Department, including Rs 2500 crore for various works.
● A provision of Rs 100 crore is proposed for the National Law University under construction in Prayagraj district.
● A provision of Rs 14.68 crore is proposed for the establishment of Nishad Raj Guha Sanskritik Kendra, Shringverpur and Rs 10.53 crore is proposed for the establishment of Maharishi Valmiki Cultural Centre, Chitrakoot.
● Under the Mukhyamantri Paryatan Vikas Sahbhagita Yojana, there is a plan to develop one tourist destination in each assembly constituency of Uttar Pradesh. Under this, the development of pilgrimage and tourism areas will be ensured in all the districts of Prayagraj division.
● The Yogi government will also pave the way for the establishment of the Kumbh Museum in Prayagraj.
● The process of expediting the development and beautification works is being carried out in Ayodhya, Varanasi, Chitrakoot, Lucknow, Vindhyachal, Prayagraj, Naimisharanya, Gorakhpur, Mathura, Bateshwar Dham, Garhmukteshwar, Shuktirtha Dham, Maa Shakumbhari Devi, Sarnath and other important tourist places.