Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh, reviewed the progress of week 1 of Special Campaign 3.0 being implemented in all Government offices of India and appreciated the progress achieved in minimizing Pendency and Institutionalizing Swacchata in the period October 2-7, 2023.
Dr. Jitendra Singh said massive participation is being witnessed across Ministries/Departments and their field/outstation offices. He reiterated the focus of the campaign is to cover offices with public interface. He urged Ministries/Departments to adopt saturation approach in the implementation of the Campaign to cover all outstation offices/defence establishments and PSUs in all parts of the country.
The Special Campaign 3.0 in its first week, has been holistic in size and scale witnessed widespread participation from offices across the country. More than 42000 sites have been covered and 4000 tweets have been issued from all Ministries/Departments highlighting the progress of the campaign in field offices/PSUs/ Defence Establishment/Missions and posts. The efforts of thousands of officials and citizens have created a mass movement for Swacchata in Government offices.
The Special Campaign 3.0 has been reviewed by Cabinet Ministers, Ministers of State and Secretaries to the Government of India providing leadership and guidance in implementation. In first week of the implementation phase, the Department of Posts has conducted the cleanliness campaign in 12785 sites, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways in 11588 sites, the Department of School Education and Literacy in 8652 sites, Department of Military Affairs in 3000 sites and Department of Fertilizers in 1585 sites.
The Progress of Special Campaign 3.0 is monitored on a dedicated portal (https://scdpm.nic.in/) on a daily basis. Regular review meetings are held under the Chairmanship of Secretary DARPG with nodal officers to review the progress of the campaign. The Special Campaign 3.0 has gained significant traction in social media with over 4,000 tweets by Ministries/Departments, 250 tweets by DARPG handle, 300 infographics on #SpecialCampaign3.0 and issue of 115 PIB statements.
In the 1st week of Special Campaign 3.0 from 2nd-7th October, 2023, the following progress has been achieved:
|S No.||Parameter||Progress achieved as on 7th October, 2023|
|1.||Swachhata Campaign sites||42,072|
|2.||Records management files reviewed (physical files + e-Files)||7,70,448|
|3||Public grievances + Appeals redressed||66,641|
|4.||Revenue earned (Rs. In Cr)||28.23|
|5.||Space freed (lakh sq.ft)||7.75|
Amongst the best practices that emerged in first week of Special Campaign 3.0:
- Central Board of Direct Taxes – Launch of I-GoT on CPGRAMS of CBDT by Hon’ble Finance Minister
- Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances – Launch of Intelligent Grievance Monitoring System (IGMS) 2.0 by Dr. Jitendra Singh, Hon’ble MoS PP on 29th September, 2023
- Department of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare – Vertical Gardens at Krishi Bhawan
- Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship – Elephant Statue from plastic bottles at ITI Behrampur
- Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education – Check dams from plastic waste at VNIT, Nagpur
- Department of Scientific & Industrial Research – Recycling on wheels to efficiently extract precious metals from shredded e-waste
- Department of Telecom – Painting competition for children on the theme “Swachhata in daily life”
- State Bank of India (Department of Financial Services)- Display of Special Campaign 3.0 Banner at SBI, PBB Sector 14 Panchkula Haryana giving wide publicity to the campaign amongst citizens
- Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Education – Shramdaan in Swachhata Campaign by CBSE school students by cleaning up their surroundings and spreading message of cleanliness and sustainability.
Dr. Jitendra Singh appreciated the reduction in pendency over the years through adoption of Special Campaign and called on all officials to sustain the momentum to achieve 50% targets by end of Week 2. Special Campaign 3.0 concludes on October 31st, 2023 with beginning of Evaluation phase in 1st week of November.